Submitting a nomination for the Australian Mining Prospect Awards is a great way to acknowledge recent success within your company. The Awards recognise the best in mining and minerals processing.
- Nominations open: April 2022
- Nominations close: 13 October 2022
- Finalists announced: 25 October 2022
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards evening on 17 November 2022
Indigenous and Community Engagement Award – proudly sponsored by Schenck Process
Recognising collaboration between Aboriginal-owned businesses and/or community organisations and mining and minerals processing companies operating within Australia. The collaboration must have been launched or undertaken within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- iCutter Indigenous Community Engagement – iCutter Industries
- Jabiru Hybrid Renewable Project – EDL
- Atlas Iron Indigenous Business Engagement – Atlas Iron
Excellence in IIOT Application – proudly sponsored by ifm
Recognising an outstanding implementation of IIoT that enhances mining and minerals processing operations. The application must be new to market, or significantly change/improve an existing model, within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- IoT Cordless WiFi/BLE Cap Lamp – Roobuck
- BitMove – Coolon
- Flexco Elevate™ – Flexco Australia
Mine Project Success of the Year – proudly sponsored by Epiroc
Recognising a significant engineering and/or contract mining project that has been undertaken on a mine site. The project must have been undertaken/implemented, within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- Pump solution at Jellinbah Mine – Metso Outotec & Jellinbah Group
- WHIMS Expansion Project – Roy Hill
- Peak Gold Mine, TSF, Stage 5 Project – Aurelia Metals
Outstanding Mine Performance – proudly sponsored by SEW Eurodrive
Recognising a rock mine that is performing well and has carried out an innovative project, partnership, initiative or program. The relevant time period for the mine performance, and/or project or program to have been launched or implemented, is within two (2) years of the nominations’ closing date.
- Fosterville Gold Mine – Metso Outotec & Fosterville
- Integrated Planning and Scheduling Transformation – Roy Hill
- Kestrel Coal Resources – Kestrel Coal
Excellence in Environmental Management & Sustainability – proudly sponsored by Metso Outotec
Recognising a mine, company, or project that has developed or carried out an innovative, environmentally-focused program to protect, preserve and/or rehabilitate the natural environment and improve sustainability and focuses on decarbonisation and/or reducing waste and/or waste emissions. The program must have been undertaken/implemented within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- Using Technology in Scaling Restoration – Mineral Resources
- Internal Carbon Price and Decarbonisation Fund – IGO
- Aggreko Hybrid Powerplant Control Platform – Aggreko
Excellence in Mine Safety, OH&S – proudly sponsored by Vocus
Recognising a mine, company, or project that has developed or carried out a program that increased safety, removes risk, or cuts worker issues on a project or mine. The program must have been undertaken/implemented, within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- The Realtime Monitoring App – GCG
- SafeTest DI Series – SafeGauge
- UFR HolePrep Boosts Safety Underground – Universal Field Robots
Discovery of the Year – proudly sponsored by Bonfiglioli
Celebrating a significant discovery at either a greenfields or brownfields site. The discovery must have been made or recognised as significant for the broader Australian industry within two (2) years of the nominations’ closing date.
- Lake Throssell – Trigg
- Woyla Project – Far East Gold
Innovative Mining Solution – proudly sponsored by Austmine
Recognising a mine, company, or project that has developed a unique mining solution. The solution must have new to market, or make significant changes or improvements to an existing solution, within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- The SafetySpear – RattleJack Innovations
- Micromine Pitram Peer-2-Peer – Micromine
- Drill & Blast Data Dashboard – MEC Mining, BMA and Maptek
Project Lead of the Year – proudly sponsored by Altra Motion
Recognising an individual who has led a project or mine site to a successful outcome. This could be an internal project at a mine, or a project lead by a contract miner or supplier. The project must have been undertaken/implemented, within the two (2) year period prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- Stacey Brown – Atlas Iron
- Shane Menere – Far East Gold
Safety Advocate of the Year – proudly sponsored by Flexco
Recognising an individual that is committed to ensuring safety – either for an individual site or company, or for the mining industry as a whole. Individual must have been involved in a safety function or be clearly advocating for safety for 12 months or longer prior to the nominations’ closing date.
- Nigel Gould – Rio Tinto
- Robin Burgess-Limerick – Sustainable Minerals Institute, University of Queensland